You may also like

2018
Rionero Sannitico (IS), la Chiesa Madre
La Chiesa Madre, dedicata a San Bartolomeo Apostolo e costruita nel 1717, rappresenta il maggior esempio artistico tra gli edifici sopravvissuti alla guerra e ai terremoti. Al suo interno vi sono ancora presenti degli affreschi, di indubbio valore storico-artistico, risalenti al XVIII secolo. Di altri affreschi, gravemente danneggiati dal terremoto del 1984, è rimasta sfortunatamente solo qualche fotografia a testimonianza di come la Chiesa abbia vissuto tempi più floridi.
2022
Pesche, village in the province of Isernia, in Molise
Pesche, village in the province of Isernia, in Molise, perched along the steep slopes of Mount San Marco, a white spot against the green of the mountain and the gray of the stones.
2025
Pesche. Church of San Michele Arcangelo
The church has two naves and a rectangular plan, the perimeter wall is made of stone and is plastered. The entrance to the church is from an external staircase that leads to a loggia.
2017
Molise - Castel S. Vincenzo (IS) - Il Lago
Il lago di Castel San Vincenzo è un invaso artificiale realizzato sul finire degli anni Cinquanta per scopi idroelettrici. Il lago occupa una superficie di 6,140 km² ed ha una capacità utile di 10 milioni di metri cubi. Le acque che alimentano il lago provengono principalmente dai torrenti della Montagna Spaccata nei vicini comuni di Alfedena e Barrea. Le acque di questi torrenti alimentano le centrali Enel di Pizzone, di Rocchetta a Volturno e di Colli a Volturno. Seppure artificiale, il lago è ben armonizzato con il paesaggio circostante di montagne e boschi. La fauna acquatica è costituita in prevalenza da salmonidi. In prossimità del lago, dove è possibile dedicarsi alla pesca e ad altri sport d'acqua, sono presenti un'area attrezzata per il camping e un maneggio.
2018
Isernia - Chiesa di Santa Chiara
La chiesa di Santa Chiara, insieme al monastero omonimo, è stata fondata nel 1275. Allo stato attuale, però, non esistono più tracce dell'edificio originario. Nel 1809 il monastero fu soppresso, mentre verso la fine del secolo un terremoto danneggiò seriamente la chiesa, che per questo fu chiusa al culto; la riapertura avvenne il 10 ottobre 1910. Durante la Prima guerra mondiale, l'ex edificio monasteriale servì da alloggio a prigionieri austriaci e ungheresi. La chiesa custodisce la statua dell'Addolorata che, durante la processione del Venerdì Santo, viene trasportata dai portantini subito dietro a quella del Cristo morto.
2022
Capracotta. Parish Church of S. Maria in Cielo Assunta
It is located on the highest part of the town, in the Terra Vecchia district, and was the seat of the collegiate church. It is not known what the current church was like, which is the result of a total renovation in 1725. The antiquity of the church is testified by a bas-relief of the bell tower, which bears the symbol of the Tree of Life, from the Renaissance period, the adjacent walls, with the portal of the chapel of the Visitation, show holes for the bells. The stone bell tower, with a square plan, has its current appearance, the result of the restoration of 1898. The baptismal font in walnut wood, with gold decorations, restored in 1980, and a stone font can also be attributed to the archaic church. In the 18th century the civic coat of arms was moved to the main altar by the Town Hall, and the church became the symbol of the entire Capracottese community.
2018
Isernia - Ponte S. Spirito
2021
Isernia, Fontana Fraterna
2020
Carpinone
The municipality owes its name to the small Carpino river that flows in its territory from north to west. In turn, the Carpino river received its name from the abundance of the "carpioni", the trout males, whose fishing in its waters is numerous. The origins of Carpinone, although not very ancient, date back to at least the tenth century since in 1064 the count of Isernia Bernardo had founded the Monastery of San Marco here, then donated to the abbey of Cassino. Belonged to the County of Isernia during the Lombard domination, in the Norman and Swabian era it belonged to the County of Molise. At the beginning of the Angevin period it became a fiefdom of Tommaso d'Evoli and returned to his family in 1382 after it had belonged first to the Tucciaco family and then to the Count of Gravina.
2025
Molise. Winter landscapes from Pesche
Back to Top