You may also like

2021
Teano. Church of Sant’Agostino
2023
Naples. Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I is a shopping gallery built in Naples between 1887 and 1890. It is dedicated to Umberto I of Italy, in memory of his generous presence during the cholera epidemic of 1884.
2021
Teano. Church of San Pietro in Acquariis
2020
Teano. The Cathedral. Chapel of San paride
The cathedral, originally dedicated to San Terenziano, was later named after San Clemente. Construction began in 1050 by Bishop Guglielmo, to replace the old cathedral of San Paride ad Fontem, located outside the city walls. The works were completed in 1116 by Bishop Pandulfo. The building has a basilica structure divided into three naves by two rows of columns. In 1608 it was damaged internally by a fire that almost completely destroyed the cosmates ambo, subsequently recomposed using the remains of the previous one integrated with the marble slabs of a fourteenth-century sepulchral monument already present in the church and positioned on twisted columns, two of which rested on fountain lions. During the 16th century the Romanesque apse was modified and on that occasion a precious carved wooden choir was built in the presbytery, built in 1539 by the Benedictine Antonio Maria Sertorio. The choir underwent two restorations, the first in the 17th century and the second in 1957, following the damage suffered during the Second World War.
2021
Teano. The Dome. The Apse
The cathedral, originally dedicated to San Terenziano, was later named after San Clemente. Construction began in 1050 by Bishop Guglielmo, to replace the old cathedral of San Paride ad Fontem, located outside the city walls. The works were completed in 1116 by Bishop Pandulfo. The building has a basilica structure divided into three naves by two rows of columns. In 1608 it was damaged internally by a fire that almost completely destroyed the cosmates ambo, subsequently recomposed using the remains of the previous one integrated with the marble slabs of a fourteenth-century sepulchral monument already present in the church and positioned on twisted columns, two of which rested on fountain lions. During the 16th century the Romanesque apse was modified and on that occasion a precious carved wooden choir was built in the presbytery, built in 1539 by the Benedictine Antonio Maria Sertorio. The choir underwent two restorations, the first in the 17th century and the second in 1957, following the damage suffered during the Second World War.
2023
Teano. Church of S. Antonio Abate
Dating back to the 14th century, the Church is made up of a single rectangular nave and a semicircular apse, the latter frescoed with episodes from the life of the Saint.
2021
Teano. Glimpses
Teano, the ancient Teanum Sidicinum, well known as the site of the historic meeting between Vittorio Emanuele II and Garibaldi in 1860, is located at the foot of the Roccamonfina volcanic group in the province of Caserta, has a rich monumental heritage, great environmental value and numerous ancients. Inhabited by the populations of the Aurunci and Sidicini, of Samnite origin and perhaps occasional cause of the outbreak of the first Samnite war in 343 BC, it has returned some of the first four documents in Italian vernacular, just after the middle of the tenth century, the "papers of Teano". The city was the birthplace of Antonello Petrucci one of the leaders of the so-called fifteenth-century Conjugation of the Barons and owner of a palace in Naples located in Piazza San Domenico Maggiore, next to the entrance to the church of the same name. The ancient Teanum occupied the place of the current city while the thermal baths and the amphitheater fell outside the walls, had an irregular perimeter and an area of about 7 and a half hectares.
2018
Teano (CE) - Monastery of Santa Reparata
The Monastery of S. Reparata, probably founded in the 9th century, was canonically suppressed after the Council of Trent, due to the prohibition against holding female monasteries outside the town. The nuns were welcomed in the Monastery of S. Caterina. The Monastery of S. Reparata is located along the road to Roccamonfina, in the Pino district and its foundation is not prior to 804 as it is not mentioned in the privilege of Charlemagne, which lists all the Benedictine possessions in Teano. The most probable date is the second half of the century. IX. According to the Bishop Mons. Domenico Giordano, the transfer of S. Reparata to the Cathedral took place in the year 880. It is one of the most important monasteries in Teano because the remains of Santa Reparata, who is the patron saint of Nice, are kept inside the church. his diocese, of the cities of Atri and Casoli; she co-patroness of Florence, of Teano, of the diocese of Teramo-Atri and patroness and protector of the municipality of Pesco Sannita.
2017
The Royal Palace of Caserta
The Royal Palace of Caserta is a royal palace, with an adjoining park, located in Caserta. It is the largest royal residence in the world by volume and the historical owners were the Bourbons of Naples, as well as a short period in which it was inhabited by the Murat.
2020
Teano. The Cathedral. Apse
The cathedral, originally dedicated to San Terenziano, was later named after San Clemente. Construction began in 1050 by Bishop Guglielmo, to replace the old cathedral of San Paride ad Fontem, located outside the city walls. The works were completed in 1116 by Bishop Pandulfo. The building has a basilica structure divided into three naves by two rows of columns. In 1608 it was damaged internally by a fire that almost completely destroyed the cosmates ambo, subsequently recomposed using the remains of the previous one integrated with the marble slabs of a fourteenth-century sepulchral monument already present in the church and positioned on twisted columns, two of which rested on fountain lions. During the 16th century the Romanesque apse was modified and on that occasion a precious carved wooden choir was built in the presbytery, built in 1539 by the Benedictine Antonio Maria Sertorio. The choir underwent two restorations, the first in the 17th century and the second in 1957, following the damage suffered during the Second World War.
Back to Top